Monsters, Inc.

9 out of 10

Despite having seen plenty of clips from this Pixar animation in the past 5 years, it didn’t spoil the film for me. While I knew the 3 main characters, there’s a whole story here that I wasn’t aware of, but I’ll leave the details of it for you to discover (assuming you’re even slower to it than me).

Details aside, Monsters, Inc. is another funny, heart-warming, yet unsentimental, Pixar tale told with their traditional flair. In the character of Boo (the little girl), they’ve perfectly captured the innocence of a small child and the trust in which they’ll unflinchingly place you as guardians. And, consequently, of the moral responsibilities you hold in the role. Likewise, it captures the wonder and magic of the world as soon through a young child’s eyes pretty damned well. In that respect, it reminded me a little of My Neighbour, Totoro, which is no small compliment.

Now, I’ve just got The Incredibles to see and that’s my Pixar viewing up to date. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Downfall

The Brothers Grimm