Oldboy

10 out of 10

This is the second time I've seen this film and it really does stand up to repeat viewings remarkably well. In fact, I'd even say it gets better with repeat viewings, hence me upgrading it to a ten.

Oldboy tells the story of a man imprisoned for 15 years without knowing either the reason or the identity of his jailer. While we do get a summary of his internment, it's his subsequent quest for understanding and, perhaps, vengeance that dominates the story. Frankly, it's a bit of a masterpiece. Yes, that's an over-used phrase, but I've never known another tale of revenge that even comes close to the brilliance of Oldboy. I could elaborate, but that would only spoil things for you. Instead, I'll say just this: rent it, buy it, or borrow it. Regardless, just watch it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Downfall

The Brothers Grimm